z

Young Writers Society



PERFECT

by October Girl


If she ran. she ran from you.
If she was broken apart; she wasn't broken from the start.
You took a knife and shoved it into her heart.

You expected her to die,
but blood ran from her eyes.
She wanted to show you how much she cries.

It was never your fault.
You were too perfect.
You thought she wasn't worth it.

She'd do anything for you,
at all costs.
Her life, love, her soul is all lost.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
115 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 115

Donate
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:58 pm



I really enjoyed it. I like reading poems when people vent, because I know that that is what's coming from them. Nothing else, just them. So, my opinion is, KEEP ON VENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3263
Reviews: 158

Donate
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 pm
thewritingdoc wrote a review...



If she ran. she ran from you. (horrible)
If she was broken apart; she wasn't broken from the start. (okay...........)
You took a knife and shoved it into her heart. (Fine.)

You expected her to die, (nice one!)
but blood ran from her eyes. (you got me picturing. good one)
She wanted to show you how much she cries.

It was never your fault. (i like)
You were too perfect. (AMAZING)
You thought she wasn't worth it.

She'd do anything for you,
at all costs.
Her life, love, her soul is all lost.

nice ending not bad..........

7.10




User avatar
192 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 192

Donate
Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:51 pm
Livinginfantasy says...



I really liked the rhythm and word choice.
But I think you should have added more. It feels... incomplete.
I'm not one to give long reviews, so I'll leave off here.
Beautiful poem!




User avatar
758 Reviews


Points: 5890
Reviews: 758

Donate
Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:17 pm
Cade wrote a review...



THE ALL CAPS TITLE IS REALLY ANNOYING. I DON'T LIKE TO FEEL LIKE I'M BEING YELLED AT.

I think it's just a weensy bit emo/cliche (as the two go hand-in-hand). While venting is buckets of fun, keep in mind that it's not always going to make good poetry--sometimes it's best to just keep it in your journal.
The rhyming was distracting...by all means, continue to rhyme. It's a good thing to learn to do well, and you just need practice. Lots of it. But be careful of forced rhyme. It makes your reader pine for free verse like nothing else.

As Suzanne said, you ought to make your reader feel. What about this story should interest us? Why should we care?

-Colleen




User avatar
203 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 203

Donate
Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:12 pm
October Girl says...



Thanks Suz, I was just venting though. It was how I was feeling. :roll:




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:22 am
Emerson wrote a review...



I think this is a really good start for a poem, but it needs a lot more to it. It's poetic, so I certainly think you have a good base for poetry. ^_^ I think you should keep in mind, though, that you want your reader to feel/think. How can your reader relate to the problem of your speaker? What is the problem? The only other thing I noticed is that your rhyming seemed slightly forced, so the poem wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.

Perhaps with some edits it will be better. ^_^





Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley